Irish Coffee: Top 5 plays by Celtics during NBA lockout
|10.21.11 at 2:49 pm ET|
Wake up with the Celtics and your daily dose of Irish Coffee ‘¦
The latest news from collective bargaining negotiations between NBA owners and players isn’t good. Media members can’t decide whether Celtics co-owner Wyc Grousbeck is among owners who actually want a season or ones sustaining the lockout. Either way, the biggest losers in all of this are NBA fans. This list of top of Top 5 plays by Celtics during the NBA lockout goes out to us losers (wait, what?):
5. Glen “Big Baby” Davis seemingly losing to a fourth-grader at the IMG Basketball Academy
4. Avery Bradley‘s killer crossover at the Impact Basketball Competitive Training Series in Las Vegas (2:45)
2. Paul Pierce‘s go-ahead 3-pointer at “Legends of the Phog” University of Kansas alumni game
1. Rajon Rondo‘s no-look alley-oop to Kenneth Faried for the Big Blue All-Stars
QUICK RELEASE: CELTICS LINKS
Å½eljko ObradoviÄ, head coach of Greek club Panathinaikos B.C., told worldwide basketball website Sportando.net that his team denied Celtics All-Star forward Kevin Garnett‘s offer to play for them. …
If Doc Rivers could coach any team in any era, he would coach the 1985-86 NBA champion Celtics. “I’d love to coach Danny Ainge, since he’s my GM. I would love to just get a hold of him a little bit. That would be great.” …
In an article that details the mentorship of University of Kentucky freshman guard Marquis Teague — younger brother of Hawks guard Jeff Teague — by Rajon Rondo, Wildcats head coach John Calipari once again heaped praise on the Celtics point guard:
“Right now, I can’t tell you how hard Rondo is working. It’s incredible. As this thing comes back, Rondo will have a knockout year, no question in my mind. They are going to look at who the heck is this guy in Boston because of how hard he’s working.” …
IMG training coordinator Dan Barto said he hopes mentorship from Glen Davis will benefit Lakers forward Derrick Caracter. And every Lakers fan ever just shook his head in disbelief. The NBA lockout: It’s FAN-tastic!
(Have a question, concern or conception for tomorrow’s Irish Coffee? Send a message to @brohrbach on Twitter.)
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?