|Irish Coffee: Rajon Rondo’s NBA lockout ‘just boring’||10.26.11 at 10:29 am ET|
Wake up with the Celtics and your daily dose of Irish Coffee …
Rajon Rondo granted interviews to a number of reporters after participating in an exhibition game in Kentucky on Monday night, which is more than can be said about plenty of Celtics games.
Among his comments was this gem on the NBA lockout (via The Kentucky Kernel): “It’s just boring.”
Tell me about it, bro. Why I else would I be combing the interwebs for anything interesting about the Celtics, like this youth football photo of you? (By the way, I’m 92 percent certain Rondo could start for the Oakland Raiders this Sunday and be better than the Kyle Boller/Carson Palmer Soup du Poop.)
At least NBA owners and players will resume collective bargaining negotiations on Wednesday, according to Newsday. Can’t they just agree on a 50/50 split and end this boredom?
- On losing: “I don’t like to lose. I missed a free throw, so I was pretty pissed off a little bit. I compete to win, and I don’t like to lose. I never like to lose, even a game like this.”
- On mentoring: “I had a couple of mentors I looked up to and was able to talk to about what I was going through when I was young. That is what I’m doing for those guys. When I’m around, I am showing them positive things to do and how to handle themselves as young men, because I have been through what they are going through. They all want to be in the league and want to win and be the man, but there are certain steps you have to take. They are all very young. Just be patient. I try to tell them not to be in a rush to grow up and get this life so fast.”
- On playing: “I’m ready to get it going. I’m excited about the season this year. I’m just trying to stay healthy, most of all, and try to get back to the championship and win.”
QUICK RELEASE: CELTICS LINKS
Legendary Penn State University head coach Joe Paterno apparently played college basketball at Brown University against Celtics legend and former College of the Holy Cross guard Bob Cousy. “I played basketball one year until I guarded Cousy,” he said. “That was the end of my college career.” …
Celtics restricted free agent Jeff Green can’t stop playing basketball. He’s already signed up for the Monster Slam Exhibition Game to support the Boys & Girls Club of America on Nov. 5 in Atlanta. …
The World All-Star Classic is a go, according to ESPN, and Celtics Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett and Rondo are all among the candidates to be announced on Wednesday. …
Ray Allen is reportedly enrolled in class at the University of Connecticut this semester. Allen entered the 1996 NBA draft after his junior season.
(Have a question, concern or conception for tomorrow’s Irish Coffee? Send a message to @brohrbach on Twitter.)
- Hypothetical trade idea (conversation between Danny Ainge and Kevin...
- Boston Celtics Daily Links - news, rumors, and opinion
- Should Chris Wilcox Get Another Stint With The Celtics?
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 5/18
- Kevin Garnett will not have surgery on his ankle/foot
- Celtics may be looking to move up in NBA draft
- Stephen A. Smith back with more Doc Rivers rumors