Report: Celtics offered Rajon Rondo, Jeff Green to Thunder for Kendrick Perkins, Russell Westbrook
|11.30.11 at 7:14 am ET|
According to a report from ESPN’s Chris Broussard, the Celtics offered Rajon Rondo and Jeff Green to the Thunder for Kendrick Perkins and Russell Westbrook following last season’s playoffs.
Broussard credits sources with the information that the Celtics were looking for another scorer who can create his own offense and thought Westbrook might be available after his erratic postseason play. But Oklahoma City apparently was not interested.
Westbrook averaged 21.9 points and 8.2 assists per game last season. Rondo averaged 10.6 points and 11.2 assists.
- Could the Celtics make a move for Greg Monroe?
- Deron Williams expected to play vs. Celtics on Tuesday
- Thursday's Leftovers: Crawford's hand is wrapped, Ainge discusses...
- At the Quarter Pole: Team Statistical Breakdown
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/5
- Ainge on Rondo: "not close"
- Forsberg: Embrace the winning