Antoine Walker setenced to probation, ordered to repay gambling debts
|12.07.11 at 9:15 am ET|
Former Celtic Antoine Walker was sentenced Tuesday by a Las Vegas court to five years of probation and ordered to pay $770,000 in gambling debts. Walker, 35, pleaded guilty in June to felony fraudulent check charges related to his failure to pay gambling debts to three casinos.
As part of a plea deal, Walker is prohibited from gambling.
A three-time All-Star with the Celtics, Walker last played in the NBA in 2008 with the Timberwolves. He has tried to make an NBA comeback since making a brief appearance in a Puerto Rican league in 2010.
- Should the Boston Celtics Still be Tanking?
- Kris Humphries Seizing the Moment, Leads Boston Celtics past Denver...
- Despite a scare, Jordan Crawford and the Celtics beat the Nuggets, 106-98
- Celtics hoping to ground the high flying Nuggets
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/6
- Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to the Knicks
- Could the Celtics make a move for Greg Monroe?