Antoine Walker setenced to probation, ordered to repay gambling debts
|12.07.11 at 9:15 am ET|
Former Celtic Antoine Walker was sentenced Tuesday by a Las Vegas court to five years of probation and ordered to pay $770,000 in gambling debts. Walker, 35, pleaded guilty in June to felony fraudulent check charges related to his failure to pay gambling debts to three casinos.
As part of a plea deal, Walker is prohibited from gambling.
A three-time All-Star with the Celtics, Walker last played in the NBA in 2008 with the Timberwolves. He has tried to make an NBA comeback since making a brief appearance in a Puerto Rican league in 2010.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?