NBA Free Agency: James Jones agrees to re-sign with Heat
|12.09.11 at 11:55 am ET|
Jones is known for his 3-point shooting ability. He scored 5.9 points per game for Miami last season while shooting 42.9 percent from beyond the arc. Jones also won the 2011 NBA 3-point shootout during All-Star Weekend, beating out Celtics Paul Pierce and Ray Allen.
With Jones re-signing, the Heat will be have plenty of depth at small forward, as the team also cut a deal with Shane Battier this week. Mike Miller is expected to miss up to eight weeks at the beginning of the season after undergoing hernia surgery.
The Heat also agreed to re-sign point guard Mario Chalmers on Friday morning, according to ESPN.com. Chalmers averaged 6.8 points and 2.5 assists last season but upped his points per game to 11.8 in the NBA finals.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?