NBA Free Agency: James Jones agrees to re-sign with Heat
|12.09.11 at 11:55 am ET|
Small forward James Jones will re-sign with the Heat, agent Joel Bell revealed to the South Florida Sun Sentinel. The contract is three years for an undisclosed value.
Jones is known for his 3-point shooting ability. He scored 5.9 points per game for Miami last season while shooting 42.9 percent from beyond the arc. Jones also won the 2011 NBA 3-point shootout during All-Star Weekend, beating out Celtics Paul Pierce and Ray Allen.
With Jones re-signing, the Heat will be have plenty of depth at small forward, as the team also cut a deal with Shane Battier this week. Mike Miller is expected to miss up to eight weeks at the beginning of the season after undergoing hernia surgery.
The Heat also agreed to re-sign point guard Mario Chalmers on Friday morning, according to ESPN.com. Chalmers averaged 6.8 points and 2.5 assists last season but upped his points per game to 11.8 in the NBA finals.
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/12
- Doc Rivers Triumphant in Return Against Boston Celtics: Highlights &...
- Doc Rivers Tears Up in Post Game Press Conference After His Los Angeles...
- Doc Rivers Moves On, Brad Stevens Pushes Forward - Torch Passed In Boston
- Doc has his day, C's fall to Clips 88-96
- Boston Celtics' Moving Tribute Video to Doc Rivers at TD Garden
- Doc Rivers On His Exit: 'I Didn't Like The Way It Played Out'