Live Blog: Celtics look to withstand absence of Ray Allen for fourth straight win
|01.04.12 at 6:09 pm ET|
The Celtics suddenly find themselves in first place in the Atlantic Division with a modest 3-3 record. They will host the last-place (1-5) Nets at TD Garden tonight, with Boston looking for its fourth straight victory. The Celtics appear to be facing an increased degree of difficulty, however, as WEEI Celtics play-by-play man Sean Grande reported on Wednesday afternoon that guard Ray Allen, the team’s leading scorer with 20.0 points per game and playing at a virtually unprecedented level for a shooting guard in his mid-30s, is unlikely to play due to the flu.
For all the latest from the TD Garden, join the Celtics Live Blog, below.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?