KG makes a statement: ‘I can shoot 3’s, OK?’
|02.05.12 at 4:49 pm ET|
In theory, that would not be the notable takeaway from a game in which the veteran poured in 24 points and made 9-of-12 shots. But Garnett is a career 28.5 percent 3-point shooter and has only made seven in his five seasons since joining the Celtics.
Yet even with those statistics suggesting that his odds of hitting the lottery nearly match his ability to hit a shot from behind the arc, the 35-year-old had a different view.
‘Listen, I can shoot 3’s, ok?’ said Garnett. ‘You all are acting like I’m 50 and I’m out here on one leg.’
Coach Doc Rivers admitted Garnett’s new-found range is a nice commodity, but doesn’t want the star-player knowing it.
‘It gives us another option at the end of the game,’ said Rivers. ‘Don’t tell him I said that.’
Seeing the surprise in everyone’s eyes, Garnett paused and re-affirmed his confidence in his shooting acumen to set the record straight.
‘Everybody in Boston, everybody in the world, everybody in Minnesota, LA, or wherever I’m at ‘ Concord, Lexington, Burlington ‘ I can shoot 3’s,’ reiterated Garnett. ‘Let that go. I can shoot 3’s. You guys all are acting shocked like you haven’t seen a black guy hit a three before.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...