Kevin Garnett: ‘Happy Mother’s Day to you mothers and future mothers; I ain’t talking to you deadbeat-ass dads’
|05.13.12 at 10:43 am ET|
After totaling 29 points, 11 rebounds and three blocks in a 92-91 victory over the 76ers in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference semifinals on the eve of the holiday, Kevin Garnett began his postgame press conference with a Happy Mother’s Day greeting that only Kevin Garnett could deliver.
“Happy Mother’s Day to you mothers and future mothers,” he started his postgame press conference; “I ain’t talking to you deadbeat-ass dads. That’s a joke. Ease up.”
If only we could hire KG to go door-to-door like the nurse who delivers the singing telegram in “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off,” then and only then we could all repay our mothers for all they’ve done. Happy Mother’s Day.
- Doc, Defense, and Lob City - Q&A with Clips Nation's Steve Perin
- KG and Pierce look fine, C's fall to Nets 96 - 104
- 1st place Celtics take on Pierce, Garnett and the 4th place Nets
- Rondo: "I'm patient and I'm not going to rush"
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/10
- The Celtics and player development
- NBA trade market shifting as season progresses