|Doc Rivers picks up another award||05.14.12 at 6:36 pm ET|
The following should come as no surprise: Doc Rivers is very media friendly.
On Monday, the Professional Basketball Writers Association recognized this formally by announcing the Celtics head coach was voted the winner of the annual “Rudy Tomjanovich Award” – given to the head coach considered the most accessible to the media.
Rivers received 33 votes, topping a group that included Denver’s George Karl (13), Orlando’s Stan Van Gundy (9) and Dallas coach Rick Carlisle (2).
The PBWA also handed out two other awards. Phoenix Suns star point guard Steve Nash was announced as the winner of “The Magic Johnson Award” – the equivalent of Rivers’ award on the players’ side. The Milwaukee Bucks media relations staff was given the “Brian McIntyre Award” as the league’s most enterprising and helpful public relations staff.
- Mike Krzyzewski to return to coach Olympic Men's Basketball Team
- Charges against Terrence Williams delayed
- A look at Eric Gordon
- Rotoworld's Steve Alexander's mock: Celtics pick Mason Plumlee
- Boston Celtics Daily Links - 5/22
- Sporting News' Sean Deveney's mock: Celtics pick Tim Hardaway, Jr.
- Bleacher Report's Tyler Conway's mock: Celtics pick James Franklin