Doc Rivers picks up another award
|05.14.12 at 6:36 pm ET|
The following should come as no surprise: Doc Rivers is very media friendly.
On Monday, the Professional Basketball Writers Association recognized this formally by announcing the Celtics head coach was voted the winner of the annual “Rudy Tomjanovich Award” – given to the head coach considered the most accessible to the media.
Rivers received 33 votes, topping a group that included Denver’s George Karl (13), Orlando’s Stan Van Gundy (9) and Dallas coach Rick Carlisle (2).
The PBWA also handed out two other awards. Phoenix Suns star point guard Steve Nash was announced as the winner of “The Magic Johnson Award” – the equivalent of Rivers’ award on the players’ side. The Milwaukee Bucks media relations staff was given the “Brian McIntyre Award” as the league’s most enterprising and helpful public relations staff.
- Doc Rivers Tears Up in Post Game Press Conference After His Los Angeles...
- Doc Rivers Moves On, Brad Stevens Pushes Forward - Torch Passed In Boston
- Doc has his day, C's fall to Clips 88-96
- Boston Celtics' Moving Tribute Video to Doc Rivers at TD Garden
- Doc Rivers On His Exit: 'I Didn't Like The Way It Played Out'
- Reunion week part 2 - Doc Rivers returns to the Garden with his Clippers...
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/11