Greg Stiemsma named to U.S. select roster
|06.06.12 at 5:57 pm ET|
The Associated Press is reporting that Celtics center Greg Stiemsma will join the U.S. select team. Stiemsma joins Lance Thomas of the New Orleans Hornets as the newest members of a talented group of young players that will train against the U.S. men’s Olympic basketball team.
The select team will train against the Americans in Las Vegas from July 6-11. The roster also includes Rookie of the Year Kyrie Irving, Jeremy Lin, John Wall, Kawhi Leonard, DeJuan Blair, DeMarcus Cousins, DeMar DeRozan, Derrick Favors, Gordon Hayward, Paul George, Taj Gibson and Klay Thompson.
After spending four years playing basketball overseas and in the NBA Development League, Stiemsma emerged as a valuable asset for the Celtics in the second half of the season. Averaging more than 18 minutes per game after the All-Star break, Stiemsma has given Boston a much needed shot blocking and rebounding presence off the bench.
- Doc, Defesne, and Lob City - Q&A with Clips Nation's Steve Perin
- KG and Pierce look fine, C's fall to Nets 96 - 104
- 1st place Celtics take on Pierce, Garnett and the 4th place Nets
- Rondo: "I'm patient and I'm not going to rush"
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/10
- The Celtics and player development
- NBA trade market shifting as season progresses