NBA Free Agent Rumors: 76ers guard Lou Williams set to test free agent market
|06.18.12 at 4:19 pm ET|
While 76ers’ guard Lou Williams wants to remain in Philadelphia, he has decided to opt out of the final year of his contract. Williams, 25, chose to opt out in order to gauge his market. He was scheduled to make $6.39 million dollars this season, which would have been the last year of a 5-year, $25 million contract.
The Philadelphia Daily News reports that interest in Williams is “significant” and he could be offered a contract in the “Thaddeus Young range.” Young, a backup forward for the 76ers, was given a 5-year deal worth about $43 million before the start of this season.
Williams averaged 11.5 points off the Sixers bench. He was the third highest scorer on the 22nd ranked Philadelphia offense.
- 1st place Celtics take on Pierce, Garnett and the 4th place Nets
- Rondo: "I'm patient and I'm not going to rush"
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/10
- The Celtics and player development
- NBA trade market shifting as season progresses
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/9
- State of the Celtics: Jordan Crawford named Eastern Conference Player of...