NBA Free Agent Rumors: 76ers guard Lou Williams set to test free agent market
|06.18.12 at 4:19 pm ET|
While 76ers’ guard Lou Williams wants to remain in Philadelphia, he has decided to opt out of the final year of his contract. Williams, 25, chose to opt out in order to gauge his market. He was scheduled to make $6.39 million dollars this season, which would have been the last year of a 5-year, $25 million contract.
The Philadelphia Daily News reports that interest in Williams is “significant” and he could be offered a contract in the “Thaddeus Young range.” Young, a backup forward for the 76ers, was given a 5-year deal worth about $43 million before the start of this season.
Williams averaged 11.5 points off the Sixers bench. He was the third highest scorer on the 22nd ranked Philadelphia offense.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason