Rajon Rondo being Rajon Rondo on Jimmy Kimmel Live
|06.20.12 at 9:29 am ET|
Well, it turns out the Knicks can’t even beat the Celtics at a scavenger hunt. Appearing on “Jimmy Kimmel Live” via Skype, Tyson Chandler and Rajon Rondo ran around their homes in search of three items: 1) The last book they each read, 2) an embarrassing item their teammates would make fun of them for owning, and 3) a wig.
Rondo being Rondo, he instantly located, “The Other Wes Moore,” a book by one Wes Moore (an Oxford alum, U.S. Army Captain and host of the Oprah Winfrey Network’s “Beyond Belief”) about another Wes Moore (a convicted cop killer). Naturally, Chandler found a basketball-themed book by Jerry West. Advantage Rondo.
Chandler’s decorative flying pig won Round 2, although Rondo’s old school red telephone is pretty amazing.
Finally, both searched for wigs. Neither found one. Chandler put a towel on his head. Rondo returned to his King Louis XIV-style chair in a shower cap. Game, set, match Rondo, regardless of whether Kimmel called it a tie.
Thought you would catch a glimpse of the enigmatic man behind the Rondo mask during his appearance on a talk show? Think again. For all we know, Rondo receives all calls from Danny Ainge on his red rotary dial phone while wearing a shower cap and reading upon his throne. Classic Rondoism.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...