NBA Draft’s Potential Celtics: Central Connecticut PF Ken Horton
|06.24.12 at 4:49 pm ET|
As part of WEEI.com’s coverage of the 2012 NBA draft, we are profiling all players considered likely candidates to be drafted June 28. The Celtics own three picks: 21, 22 (from the Thunder in the Kendrick Perkins trade) and 51.
Position: Power forward
School: Central Connecticut
Weight: 200 pounds
Achievements: 2012 All-NEC first team, 2011 NEC Player of the Year, 2011 All-America honorable mention, 2009 All-NEC second team, 2008 NEC All-Rookie team
Key 2011-12 stats: 19 points, 49.1 FG%, 8.9 rebounds
What he brings: Horton, who holds the Central Connecticut all-time scoring record (1,966 points), can shoot from multiple spots on the court and can rebound as well, but he can work on driving to the net. He is an underrated prospect because he’s from a small conference.
Where the Celtics could get him: Horton will be fortunate to be a late-second-round pick. He’s more likely to go undrafted. He is expected to receive offers from European teams.
Notes: Horton missed the 2009-10 season due to a hip injury that required surgery. … He was arrested last September for a breach of peace after an alleged altercation with his girlfriend.
Video: Here is a video of Horton breaking the Central Connecticut scoring record.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?