Miami TV station erroneously reports Ray Allen deal with Heat
|07.06.12 at 8:21 am ET|
Miami television station WSVN reported Thursday night that Celtics free agent guard Ray Allen had agreed to a three-year contract with the Heat, claiming that the news was broken by Yahoo! Sports. The problem is, WSVN was fooled by a fake Twitter account.
It was widely reported that Allen met with the Heat Thursday, and Heat guard Dwyane Wade tweeted that it would be “a big day” for the team. However, there are no indications that Allen has made any decision about his future.
WSVN tweeted its report but later removed the tweet and apologized for the misinformation.
- State of the Celtics: how a hypothetical trade with the Knicks turned...
- Ainge: Playoffs not a goal, progress is
- Jeff Green 8th in front court, Rajon Rondo 6th in back court in All Star...
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/12
- Doc Rivers Triumphant in Return Against Boston Celtics: Highlights &...
- Doc Rivers Tears Up in Post Game Press Conference After His Los Angeles...
- Doc Rivers Moves On, Brad Stevens Pushes Forward - Torch Passed In Boston