Miami TV station erroneously reports Ray Allen deal with Heat
|07.06.12 at 8:21 am ET|
Miami television station WSVN reported Thursday night that Celtics free agent guard Ray Allen had agreed to a three-year contract with the Heat, claiming that the news was broken by Yahoo! Sports. The problem is, WSVN was fooled by a fake Twitter account.
It was widely reported that Allen met with the Heat Thursday, and Heat guard Dwyane Wade tweeted that it would be “a big day” for the team. However, there are no indications that Allen has made any decision about his future.
WSVN tweeted its report but later removed the tweet and apologized for the misinformation.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...