Greg Stiemsma set to join Timberwolves
|07.23.12 at 11:18 am ET|
Since Stiemsma is a restricted free agent, the Celtics have three days to match Minnesota’s offer. But it is believed the Timberwolves offered more money (reportedly $2.5 million to $3 million per season) than the Celtics have to match (the $1.975 million biannual exception).
Appearing off the bench for Boston last season, Stiemsma averaged 2.9 points and 3.2 rebounds and 13.9 minutes in 55 games.
Stiemsma, 26, was born and raised in neighboring Wisconsin and played at the University of Wisconsin from 2004-08. The Wolves signed Stiemsma to his first NBA contract in April 2010, although he never appeared in a game.
“Minnesota is always where Greg wanted to be,” agent Mike Naiditch told the Star Tribune.
The Celtics apparently have a replacement already, as reports indicate there is a one-year deal in place for veteran center Jason Collins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason