Nothing can contain Fab Melo, not even a chair
|08.23.12 at 4:26 pm ET|
For your viewing pleasure: Celtics first-round pick Fab Melo collapses into a folding chair at the NBA’s Rookie Training Program. Amazing bonus quote: “The chair was too weak, and an accident happened. I lost weight. I’m good now.” The season can’t get here soon enough. He’s at least going to be a Media Day sensation.
In related news, Melo was elected “the funniest” by his fellow rookies, receiving 22.9 percent of the vote in a survey conducted by NBA.com. Never fear: There’s some game to go along with that fun. His peers voted him the third-best defender among rookies (behind only top two 2012 NBA draft picks Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and Anthony Davis), and Melo also received votes for the question: “Which rookie will have the best career?”
Same goes for fellow C’s rookie Jared Sullinger. He finished fourth in the voting for funniest and received votes in response to the survey question: “Which rookie is being the most overlooked.” Still, I’m setting the over-under on the number of times either rookie gets Kevin Garnett to laugh at 0.5.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?