Kevin Garnett: ‘I don’t really talk a lot’
|10.10.12 at 8:15 pm ET|
“If you’re sitting over here bullsh@tting, they tend to bullsh@t,” he said. “That’s why I don’t really talk a lot. I like to be the example. Anything after practice that I can help them with, I kind of pull them to the side and show them different things. We watch a lot of film in the locker room and talk. For these young guys, man, I just try to be there for when they need me. I’m not a guy to push myself on anybody, but anything that they want to know, anything that they’re having trouble with, I try to be accessible to them.”
I’m not sure Charlie Villanueva, Zaza Pachulia and the entire city of Philadelphia would agree Garnett “doesn’t really talk a lot.” To be fair, I think he’s claiming he doesn’t force advice upon younger players unless asked for it, but still — this is a guy who has talked to inanimate objects before every single game of his 17-year career.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...