Kevin Garnett: ‘I don’t really talk a lot’
|10.10.12 at 8:15 pm ET|
It would be a shame not to share this gem from Celtics center Kevin Garnett, who explained his mentoring philosophy for the younger big men on the roster, after Wednesday’s practice in Waltham.
“If you’re sitting over here bullsh@tting, they tend to bullsh@t,” he said. “That’s why I don’t really talk a lot. I like to be the example. Anything after practice that I can help them with, I kind of pull them to the side and show them different things. We watch a lot of film in the locker room and talk. For these young guys, man, I just try to be there for when they need me. I’m not a guy to push myself on anybody, but anything that they want to know, anything that they’re having trouble with, I try to be accessible to them.”
I’m not sure Charlie Villanueva, Zaza Pachulia and the entire city of Philadelphia would agree Garnett “doesn’t really talk a lot.” To be fair, I think he’s claiming he doesn’t force advice upon younger players unless asked for it, but still — this is a guy who has talked to inanimate objects before every single game of his 17-year career.
- An emotional week ahead for the Celtics
- State of the Celtics
- Brad Stevens keeping everyone on an even keel
- It's a laugher: Celtics trounce Knicks 114 - 73
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/8
- Celtics visit Knicks looking for 3rd straight win
- State of the Celtics: Can Jeff Green be a top two player on a contending...