Kevin Garnett’s daily dose of veteran wisdom
|10.12.12 at 1:57 pm ET|
WALTHAM — For whatever reason Kevin Garnett has been unusually chatty with the press so far in training camp. He’s always willing to impart a bit of knowledge and he’s rarely better than when he works himself up into one of his Uncle KG routines about life in the league.
Here’s a Garnett quote from Friday about Rasheed Wallace coming back to the NBA:
“I’m a big fan of veterans. More importantly, the league being full of young guys probably needed a little more just to teach some of the young guys on work ethic, being consistent with your work ethic, and loving this game and giving 100 percent and not just bull[bleeping] and going through half-assen, entitlement, respecting, earning what you get and really, really setting yourself for the future. Not just riding off potential but actually becoming something. That’s why I’ve always been a big fan of veterans and I’ve always voiced that. Y’all know that.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason