Leandro Barbosa finally practices with Celtics
|10.24.12 at 4:01 pm ET|
“It was a good practice, and I got to get to know the plays, the defensive standpoint and all the things that they’ve been doing in training camp when I wasn’t here, so I think it was OK,” Barbosa said. “The coaches have been giving me a lot of attention. They’ve been helping me a lot. I think this is very important for me in the beginning, but also the players have been helping me too.”
Conditioning-wise, Barbosa said he felt fine throughout a practice that ran ran roughly three hours.
“I wasn’t playing that much when I was back in Brazil, but I think I’m OK so far for what we did today,” he said. “[Practice today] was long, but we didn’t go up and down. I think tomorrow we’ll go up and down. I think day-by-day I will be fine. I think I’ll pick it up little by little.”
The 29-year-old used to average around 30 minutes a game back in the day for the Suns but averaged 19.8 minutes in 22 games down the stretch last season with the Pacers. He knows that he might not get major minutes for the C’s, but he’s comfortable with whatever workload he’s given.
“I’m OK with whatever,” Barbosa said. “Whatever minutes I have on the court, I’m going to do my best to try to help my teammates, but if I don’t get on the court, it’s fine for me too. As long as the team is successful, I’ll be happy.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason