Rajon Rondo loves short answers, winter hats
|12.06.12 at 12:58 am ET|
Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo returned from his two-game suspension against the Timberwolves, unleashed a typical Rajon Rondo performance (17 points, 11 assists, 5 turnovers) in a 104-94 win and delivered a quintessential Rajon Rondo postgame press conference. The only thing different was his winter hat.
How did it feel to get back out there? “Good.”
Was the adrenaline pumping? “No.”
Kevin Garnett said the Celtics were hyped to have you back. Did you feel that? ‘No.’
How long did it take to to find your rhythm after missing two games? “Two seconds.”
How much easier is the game when you establish Garnett early? “He played well.”
What was working in the third quarter? “Ball movement, we got some stops and guys made plays.”
How important was it to outperform a good rebounding team? “We just rebounded the ball.”
What do you notice about Garnett when he faces his old team? “He plays well every time.”
Why do you think that is? “I don’t know. You’ve got to ask Kevin.”
Are you seeing more positives from this team? “It’s just one game. It’s hard to say.”
Are you sensing improved chemistry with the new guys? “I don’t know.”
What do you expect from the back-to-back against the 76ers this weekend? “A lot of running.”
Are these big games because the division is so tight? “For us, every game is big.”
After an oh so Rondo pregnant pause, he offered his most sincere sentiment of the night: “Our record is not where we want it to be, so every game counts and every game is big.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...