Celtics beat Knicks for third straight win
|01.07.13 at 10:19 pm ET|
Playing without Rajon Rondo — due to the point guard’s one-game suspension — the Celtics beat the Knicks, 102-96, Monday night at Madison Square Garden. It marked only the Celts’ second three-game winning streak of the season.
The Celtics have now beaten the Knicks — who lost just their fourth Eastern Conference matchup in 18 tries this season — in 19 of the teams’ last 23 meetings.
Filling in for Rondo was Avery Bradley, who finished with 13 points and five assists. Leading the offense for the Celtics was Paul Pierce, whose three-pointer :46 helped seal the deal for the visitors. Pierce finished with 23 points.
Helping matters for the Celtics was a horrific shooting performance by New York’s Carmelo Anthony, who had scored at least 40 points in two of his last three games and averaged 30 points in each of his past four contests against Boston. This time, Anthony shot just 6-of-26 from the floor, finishing with 20 points.
The win boosts the Celtics’ record to .500 (17-17). It was also just the Knicks fourth home loss of the season.
For more Celtics news, go to the team page at weei.com/celtics.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason