Reports: Carmelo Anthony confronts Kevin Garnett after game
|01.08.13 at 6:25 am ET|
According to a report on ESPNNewYork.com, Carmelo Anthony approached the Celtics locker room on Monday at Madison Square Garden moments after the Celtics 102-96 win over the Knicks. Building security and New York City police officers were called upon later as Anthony attempted to approach Kevin Garnett near the Celtics’ team bus, sources told ESPNNewYork.com.
Anthony was evidently still angry after being involved in an exchange of elbow-throwing with Garnett in the fourth quarter, actions that led to technical fouls for both players. After the game, Anthony walked off the floor and out of the tunnel that visiting teams use, instead of exiting out of the Knicks’ tunnel. A source told ESPNNewYork.com that Anthony approached the Celtics’ locker room and was screaming, though it wasn’t known if the screaming was directed at Garnett.
A video at CSNNE.com shows Anthony waiting for Garnett near the Celtics’ team bus. A shouting match between the two reportedly ensued, with Knicks coach Mike Woodson coming to the scene to take Anthony away.
Anthony refused to speak to the media after the game, and Garnett downplayed the incident.
“Listen, heat of the battle, man. Guys go back and forth. He’s trying to get his team to go, I’m trying to get my team to go, both teams are colliding, not to mention that it’s the Knicks and the Celtics,” Garnett said. “Just what it is, man.”
For more Celtics news visit weei.com/celtics.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...