Kevin Garnett, Rajon Rondo named All-Star starters
|01.18.13 at 9:05 am ET|
Celtics Kevin Garnett and Rajon Rondo earned starting spots in the NBA All-Star Game and will take the floor for the Eastern Conference alongside some bitter rivals: Heat stars LeBron James and Dwyane Wade, and Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony.
Garnett held off Heat forward Chris Bosh, who implored his Twitter followers to vote for him but fell about 25,000 votes short. Garnett ties Kobe Bryant and Shaquille O’Neal for second place all-time with 15 All-Star appearances (Kareem Abdul-Jabbar has 19).
Bryant was the leading vote-getter, with 1,591,437, in earning his NBA-record 15th consecutive starting bid. He’ll be joined in the Western Conference lineup by Lakers teammate Dwight Howard, Clippers Chris Paul and Blake Griffin, and Thunder star Kevin Durant.
Reserves will be announced next Thursday. The game is Feb. 17 in Houston.
- Let the countdown begin: Rondo 10-14 days away from meeting with Dr....
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/4
- Early conclusions after 20 games
- Jared Sullinger Drawing the Double Team and Assessing the Boston Celtics...
- Jordan Crawford Does it Again, Boston Celtics beat Milwaukee Bucks...
- Boston Celtics respond with a win, beat Milwaukee Bucks, 108-100
- Jeff Green Latest to Shoot Down Boston Celtics Tanking Talk