|Kevin Garnett, Rajon Rondo named All-Star starters||01.18.13 at 9:05 am ET|
Celtics Kevin Garnett and Rajon Rondo earned starting spots in the NBA All-Star Game and will take the floor for the Eastern Conference alongside some bitter rivals: Heat stars LeBron James and Dwyane Wade, and Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony.
Garnett held off Heat forward Chris Bosh, who implored his Twitter followers to vote for him but fell about 25,000 votes short. Garnett ties Kobe Bryant and Shaquille O’Neal for second place all-time with 15 All-Star appearances (Kareem Abdul-Jabbar has 19).
Bryant was the leading vote-getter, with 1,591,437, in earning his NBA-record 15th consecutive starting bid. He’ll be joined in the Western Conference lineup by Lakers teammate Dwight Howard, Clippers Chris Paul and Blake Griffin, and Thunder star Kevin Durant.
Reserves will be announced next Thursday. The game is Feb. 17 in Houston.
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 5/24
- Celtics deny Brooklyn Nets permission to speak to Doc Rivers
- Wyc Grousbeck: "I don't know what will happen"
- Jared Sullinger on the comeback trail
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 5/23
- Mike Krzyzewski to return to coach Olympic Men's Basketball Team
- Charges against Terrence Williams delayed