Avery Bradley gets an unexpected start for Celtics
|01.20.13 at 8:40 pm ET|
Celtics guard Avery Bradley, who missed Friday’s game against the Bulls with a rib injury, was back in the Celtics lineup on Sunday night in Detroit against the Pistons. His presence among the starting five came as something of a surprise, given that coach Doc Rivers had suggested that the third-year player was doubtful for Sunday.
Entering Sunday, Bradley was averaging 8.1 points, 1.5 rebounds, 1.3 assists and 1.3 steals per game. The Celtics are 6-2 in his first eight games.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...