Avery Bradley gets an unexpected start for Celtics
|01.20.13 at 8:40 pm ET|
Celtics guard Avery Bradley, who missed Friday’s game against the Bulls with a rib injury, was back in the Celtics lineup on Sunday night in Detroit against the Pistons. His presence among the starting five came as something of a surprise, given that coach Doc Rivers had suggested that the third-year player was doubtful for Sunday.
Entering Sunday, Bradley was averaging 8.1 points, 1.5 rebounds, 1.3 assists and 1.3 steals per game. The Celtics are 6-2 in his first eight games.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?