Running on fumes: Celtics sputter against Pistons
|01.20.13 at 10:14 pm ET|
Despite the return of guard Avery Bradley to the starting lineup, the Celtics lost their third straight game as the starting lineup endured a dreadful performance, falling in Detroit to the Pistons, 103-88. The quintet of Bradley, Paul Pierce, Rajon Rondo, Kevin Garnett and Brandon Bass shot a woeful 17-of-48 from the field while combining to score just 40 points.
Rondo had just eight points on 4-of-16 shooting, and though he had nine rebounds and 15 assists, he also matched a career high by turning over the ball nine times. Garnett and Courtney Lee led the Celtics with 16 points each.
The Pistons featured a balanced attack with six players scoring at least 13 points, with Andre Drummond leading the way with 16 points off the bunch. Center Greg Monroe added 15 points and 11 rebounds in 38 minutes.
With the loss, the Celtics dropped back to 20-20, including a 7-12 road record. They will now travel to Cleveland to take on the Cavaliers on Tuesday.
- Could the Celtics make a move for Greg Monroe?
- Deron Williams expected to play vs. Celtics on Tuesday
- Thursday's Leftovers: Crawford's hand is wrapped, Ainge discusses...
- At the Quarter Pole: Team Statistical Breakdown
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/5
- Ainge on Rondo: "not close"
- Forsberg: Embrace the winning