Rajon Rondo out with hyper-extended left knee, getting MRI
|01.27.13 at 12:55 pm ET|
According to the Celtics, Rondo showed up for the normal shootaround at 10:15 Sunday morning and taped a pre-game interview for ABC. He went in for more treatment and the discomfort did not subside.
He left the building and went to New England Baptist Hospital for a precautionary MRI.
The Celtics added that the injury had nothing to do with his departure early in the game Friday due to illness. Rondo is averaging 13.7 points and 11.1 assists in 38 games this season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...