|Rajon Rondo out with hyper-extended left knee, getting MRI||01.27.13 at 12:55 pm ET|
Rajon Rondo will not play Sunday’s game against the Miami Heat due to a hyper-extended right knee suffered late in Friday double-overtime loss to the Hawks in Atlanta.
According to the Celtics, Rondo showed up for the normal shootaround at 10:15 Sunday morning and taped a pre-game interview for ABC. He went in for more treatment and the discomfort did not subside.
He left the building and went to New England Baptist Hospital for a precautionary MRI.
The Celtics added that the injury had nothing to do with his departure early in the game Friday due to illness. Rondo is averaging 13.7 points and 11.1 assists in 38 games this season.
Courtney Lee started for Rondo, marking the second major change to the lineup, as Jared Sullinger started in place of Brandon Bass.
- In honor of Gino Time!
- What would next year's Celtics look like?
- Celtics and Clippers still talking, still unable to agree upon a deal...
- DeAndre Jordan scouting report via Clips Nation
- Rumor: Celtics and Clippers back to negotiating Doc Rivers, Kevin Garnett...
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 6/17
- How about a three way trade? Sorting out the Celtics, Clippers stalemate