|Report: Clippers interested in trading for Kevin Garnett||02.03.13 at 3:08 pm ET|
According to Sean Deveney of Sporting News, the Clippers have reached out to the Celtics about potentially acquiring Kevin Garnett.
— Sean Deveney (@SeanDeveney) February 3, 2013
Garnett does have the right to waive the no-trade clause in his contract.
The two Clippers players mentioned in the report, Bledsoe and Butler, are each average approximately nine points per game. The Clips’ point guard signed through the 2014-15 season (maxing out at just more than $3.75 million), while Butler’s deal stretches until after the ’13-14 campaign (paying him $8 million per season). The NBA trade deadline is Feb. 21 at 3 p.m. ET.
- Mike Krzyzewski to return to coach Olympic Men's Basketball Team
- Charges against Terrence Williams delayed
- A look at Eric Gordon
- Rotoworld's Steve Alexander's mock: Celtics pick Mason Plumlee
- Boston Celtics Daily Links - 5/22
- Sporting News' Sean Deveney's mock: Celtics pick Tim Hardaway, Jr.
- Bleacher Report's Tyler Conway's mock: Celtics pick James Franklin