Report: Rajon Rondo ACL surgery set for next week
|02.08.13 at 3:04 am ET|
Rajon Rondo will have season-ending surgery after all.
A source tells Yahoo’s Marc Spears that Rondo “is projected to be out six months after surgery next week” to repair a partially torn right knee ACL.
Rondo suffered the injury in the fourth quarter of a loss to the Hawks in Atlanta on Jan. 25. He was diagnosed with a torn ACL before the game with the Heat on Jan. 27. Since his injury, the Celtics have not lost, going on a six-game winning streak.
Spears added that Rondo has “spoken to three doctors, one in person, and will decide as early as Friday” which one will perform his surgery. According to Spears, Rondo also will not attend NBA All-Star weekend in Houston Feb. 15-17 because he won’t be able to travel so soon after surgery.
Spears added that the surgery will take place next Tuesday or Wednesday.
BOS G Rajon Rondo’s surgery is expected to be on Feb 12 or 13 and will be a procedure using either his ligaments or a cadaver,source told Y!
— Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) February 8, 2013
There had been speculation as late as Thursday that Rondo suffered only a partial tear of the ACL and might attempt some sort of drastic comeback this spring.
Rondo’s agent Bill Duffy told CSNNE.com that Rondo’s tear was only “partial” and could lead to a return “sooner” than expected.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason