Kevin Garnett isn’t about to waive his no-trade clause
|02.16.13 at 3:28 pm ET|
Speaking at media availability during All-Star Weekend in Houston, Celtics forward Kevin Garnett said he wasn’t intent on waiving his no-trade clause. Garnett responded with a “No,” when asked if there was any circumstance he would consider waiving the clause.
He later added, “Why would I come back and make the visits to rally this team to go further only to be set up to have change?”
At one point, Garnett asked if the only questions would be trade-related. He then relented when a reminder was offered regarding Thursday’s trade deadline.
“I get it. I get it,” he said. “It’s all good. If it’s up to me, I’m going to live and die green all day.”
Earlier Saturday, Yahoo! Sports reported the Celtics and Clippers were in discussions regarding a deal that would send Garnett to Los Angeles, and Eric Bledsoe and DeAndre Jordan to Boston.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...