Trade rumor: Celtics, Clippers talk Kevin Garnett for Eric Bledsoe, DeAndre Jordan
|02.16.13 at 9:24 am ET|
Now that you’ve digested the unlikelihood of a Rajon Rondo for Dwight Howard trade between the Celtics and Lakers, wrap your head around this one: The Kevin Garnett to the Clippers rumor is back and bigger than ever.
Speculation first found legs when the Celtics hosted the Clips on Feb. 3, but multiple reports shot the rumor down for a variety of reasons. Now, reputable Yahoo! Sports columnists Adrian Wojnarowski and Marc J. Spears are reporting the two teams are discussing a deal that would bring Eric Bledsoe and DeAndre Jordan to Boston in exchange for Garnett.
Members of both organizations appear reluctant to make the trade, Wojnarowski and Spears reported. While Garnett might make the Clippers a contender this season, they would be parting ways with a 23-year-old star point guard in the making and a still developing 24-year-old center.
Meanwhile, besides the fact Garnett remains the heart and soul of the Celtics franchise, team president Danny Ainge would have to convince KG to waive his no-trade clause, although the C’s hope a move close to his home in Malibu and a chance to join longtime friend Chauncey Billups might assuage the 36-year-old All-Star’s concerns, according to the report.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...