Getting the start for Kevin Garnett, Jeff Green leads Celtics past Suns
|02.23.13 at 7:00 am ET|
Getting his first start in nearly two years, Jeff Green helped lead the Celtics to a 113-88 win over the Suns in Phoenix Friday night.
Green scored 31 points on 11-for-14 shooting from the floor, with Chris Wilcox, Avery Bradley and Jason Terry each chipping in which 13 points. Newly-acquired Jordan Crawford netted 10 points in in his Celtics debut.
“Jeff was phenomenal,” Celtics coach Doc Rivers told reporters. “We started the game running a set we had never run in our lives. We literally drew it up right before the game. They just had the basketball IQ to keep working and they actually showed us options we didn’t know we had.”
Green was starting in place of Kevin Garnett, who was getting the night off with the Celtics playing their third game in four nights. The forward’s performance also helped make up for Paul Pierce’s night, with the Celtics’ captain scoring just eight points on 3-of-5 shooting.
The Celtics, who held a 53-41 advantage at halftime, led by as many as 30 points in the fourth quarter.
For more Celtics news, go to the team page at weei.com/celtics.
- Thursday's Leftovers: Crawford's hand is wrapped, Ainge discusses...
- At the Quarter Pole: Team Statistical Breakdown
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/5
- Ainge on Rondo: "not close"
- Forsberg: Embrace the winning
- Let the countdown begin: Rondo 10-14 days away from meeting with Dr....
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/4