Paul Pierce says foul on Kobe Bryant ‘blown out of proportion’
|03.15.13 at 4:29 pm ET|
WALTHAM — From the moment Dahntay Jones fouled Kobe Bryant on Wednesday night, causing Bryant to badly roll his right ankle, it seemed everyone had an opinion, including Kobe himself.
No foul was called but the NBA admitted Friday that one should’ve been called in the game won by the Hawks over Bryant’s Lakers. It was classified as a high ankle sprain and Bryant was questionable for Friday’s game in Indiana.
“I had a chance to kind of see it,” Pierce said. “I think it got kind blown out of proportion. He put his hands up, got into his defender. The fact it was Kobe Bryant, it’s an issue. If it was anybody else (injured), we wouldn’t probably even be talking about this.”
For more, visit the Celtics team page at weei.com/celtics.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?