Without Kevin Garnett, Courtney Lee, Celtics’ road woes continue with loss to Grizzlies
|03.23.13 at 10:49 pm ET|
After finishing the first quarter with a two-point lead, the Celtics were outscored, 32-20, in the second quarter. It led to Memphis’ 10th straight home win.
The Celtics mounted a spirited fourth-quarter comeback, having entered the final quarter down 12 points. The C’s, however, managed to close the gap to two with 19 seconds remaining on a pair of Jordan Crawford (21 points, 26 minutes) free throws.
The Celts could have drawn with a point with eight seconds left when Jason Terry was fouled taking a three-pointer. But the guard only made two of his three foul shots, allowing Memphis to hold off the visitors.
The Grizzlies made all six of their free throw attempts after Crawford made it a two-point game.
The loss was the Celtics’ fourth straight defeat, and first loss to at FedEx Forum in their last six visits. It was also Doc Rivers‘ team’s fifth consecutive road loss, dropping to 2-12 against Western Conference teams on their home floors.
Jerryd Bayless led all scorers with 30 points off the bench for Memphis.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...