Green Day: Layup at the buzzer gives Celtics win in Cleveland
|03.27.13 at 10:19 pm ET|
Jeff Green capped a furious 21-6 run over the final eight minutes with a layup at the buzzer to allow the Celtics to sneak out of Cleveland with a 93-92 victory over the Cavaliers. Green split the Cavs defense and hit a layup as the buzzer sounded to permit the Celtics to snap a five-game losing streak.
Green, despite shooting 7-of-18, scored 21 points with seven rebounds and five assists. Paul Pierce added a well-rounded 19 points, 10 rebounds and eight assists, though he committed seven turnovers. Brandon Bass, in the lineup with both Kevin Garnett and Courtney Lee still sidelined, poured in 22 points on 8-of-14 shooting with five rebounds.
The Cavs had six players in double figures, but none with more than 16. Cleveland had just one bucket after taking an 88-78 lead at the 5:49 mark of the fourth quarter.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason