Paul Pierce (personal reasons) out against Timberwolves
|04.01.13 at 8:06 pm ET|
Paul Pierce will not play Monday night against the Timberwolves in Minnesota due to personal reasons. Pierce was not with the team as they prepared for their second game in as many nights on a trip through New York and Minnesota.
Celtics coach Doc Rivers made the announcement prior to Boston’s game at the Target Center.
Pierce was spotted with an ice wrap on his right foot in the closing moments of Sunday night’s loss at Madison Square Garden. But Rivers told reporters before the game that his foot had nothing to do with the absence and that Pierce would return to the lineup on Wednesday against the Pistons at TD Garden.
Monday marks just the second game Pierce has missed this season in 74 contests. He leads the Celtics in scoring at 18.8 points per game in 72 games.
Courtney Lee took Pierce’s place in the lineup, giving the Celtics a starting lineup of Lee, Avery Bradley, Jeff Green, Brandon Bass and Chris Wilcox.
For more, visit the Celtics team page at weei.com/celtics.
- Rondo: "I'm patient and I'm not going to rush"
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/10
- The Celtics and player development
- NBA trade market shifting as season progresses
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/9
- State of the Celtics: Jordan Crawford named Eastern Conference Player of...
- Paul Pierce practices, might play tomorrow against Celtics