Avery Bradley: ‘Just my collarbone… I’ll be fine’
|04.05.13 at 11:19 pm ET|
Avery Bradley left the court with trainer Ed Lacerte holding his left shoulder.
Bradley had surgery on both shoulders last summer, delaying his return to the Celtics until January this season.
But as it turned out, Bradley was examined and returned to the bench late in the fourth quarter. Doc Rivers said he could’ve returned if absolutely necessary.
So, what was it that caused many Celtics fans to skip a heart beat?
He was elbowed in the collarbone by Kyrie Irving.
‘I think he’s fine,” Rivers said. “I think it was more the hit. I was concerned when he grabbed his shoulder that it was his shoulder, and Kyrie informed me that he shot him with an elbow; it had nothing to do with the shoulder. So, I told Kyrie, ‘Thank you for the update.’’
Bradley admitted after the game that he was sore but it’s nothing to be concerned about.
‘It hurts, but I’ll be fine,” Bradley said. “I get injured all the time, I’ll be alright.’
Most importantly, he confirmed that it wasn’t his shoulder.
‘No, not at all,” Bradley said. “Just my collarbone. He came, went to the basket, came down, and elbowed me right on my collarbone. It’s just a little swelling.’
‘No, when that happens you just have got to keep playing.’
Was Bradley aware he gave Celtics fans a scare?
“Yeah, I know, me too,” Bradley said. “But I’m fine.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason