Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett out for Celtics against Cavaliers
|04.05.13 at 7:31 pm ET|
This time, it will be the sore right ankle that is keeping him out of the lineup for precautionary reasons.
“I think he’ll be fine by Sunday,” Rivers said before Friday’s game.
Pierce, who missed Monday’s game in Minnesota for the birth of his first son, Prince Paul Pierce, on Tuesday night, was held out by coach Doc Rivers after Pierce complained of soreness in the foot.
Pierce was first spotted with a wrap on his right ankle in the fourth quarter of Sunday’s loss to the Knicks at Madison Square Garden.
Pierce is missing just his third game this season, having played in 73 of the previous 75.
Meanwhile, Kevin Garnett missed his eighth straight game, still dealing with inflammation and bone spurs in his left ankle. Rivers is hopeful to have him back for practice on Saturday and possibly in the game against Washington on Sunday evening.
“Most likely [he’ll play Sunday] but I’m just saying that to give you an answer,” Rivers told reporters.
For more, visit the Celtics team page at weei.com/celtics.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...