Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett out for Celtics against Cavaliers
|04.05.13 at 7:31 pm ET|
Paul Pierce will miss his second game in a week as the Celtics take on the Cavaliers at TD Garden.
This time, it will be the sore right ankle that is keeping him out of the lineup for precautionary reasons.
“I think he’ll be fine by Sunday,” Rivers said before Friday’s game.
Pierce, who missed Monday’s game in Minnesota for the birth of his first son, Prince Paul Pierce, on Tuesday night, was held out by coach Doc Rivers after Pierce complained of soreness in the foot.
Pierce was first spotted with a wrap on his right ankle in the fourth quarter of Sunday’s loss to the Knicks at Madison Square Garden.
Pierce is missing just his third game this season, having played in 73 of the previous 75.
Meanwhile, Kevin Garnett missed his eighth straight game, still dealing with inflammation and bone spurs in his left ankle. Rivers is hopeful to have him back for practice on Saturday and possibly in the game against Washington on Sunday evening.
“Most likely [he'll play Sunday] but I’m just saying that to give you an answer,” Rivers told reporters.
For more, visit the Celtics team page at weei.com/celtics.
- Jeff Green 8th in front court, Rajon Rondo 6th in back court in All Star...
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/12
- Doc Rivers Triumphant in Return Against Boston Celtics: Highlights &...
- Doc Rivers Tears Up in Post Game Press Conference After His Los Angeles...
- Doc Rivers Moves On, Brad Stevens Pushes Forward - Torch Passed In Boston
- Doc has his day, C's fall to Clips 88-96
- Boston Celtics' Moving Tribute Video to Doc Rivers at TD Garden