Heat stars LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh expected to play Friday vs. short-handed Celtics
|04.12.13 at 12:29 pm ET|
Heat stars LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh all have missed games recently due to injuries, illness or perhaps needed rest. However, all three are expected to be in the lineup Friday night when the Celtics pay a visit to Miami.
While James (strained right hamstring), Wade (right knee bone bruises) and Bosh (flu-like symptoms) are expected back, Shane Battier (assorted aches) and Udonis Haslem (sprained ankle) are out.
Wade has missed the past six games for the Heat, who already have clinched the top seed in the East.
“I’m feeling good,” Wade told The Associated Press on Thursday. “The toughest part is mentally more so than physically. I played two weeks with it and eventually I felt it getting a little worse and I said, ‘OK, I’ve got to shut it down.’ ”
The Celtics likely will be without Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett (both with ankle soreness). Both are targeted to return for Saturday’s game against the Magic in Orlando.
- An emotional week ahead for the Celtics
- State of the Celtics
- Brad Stevens keeping everyone on an even keel
- It's a laugher: Celtics trounce Knicks 114 - 73
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/8
- Celtics visit Knicks looking for 3rd straight win
- State of the Celtics: Can Jeff Green be a top two player on a contending...