Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce return to help Celtics to rout of Magic
|04.13.13 at 9:20 pm ET|
Evidently, even Jason Terry calling the Magic ‘terrible’ couldn’t inspire lowly Orlando.
The Celtics guard had said, ‘Orlando is a team that, obviously you see them. I don’t want to give them any fuel, but they’re terrible.’ He wasn’t wrong. Terry’s team trounced the Magic, 120-88, Saturday night in Orlando. It was the C’s eighth straight win over Orlando.
The duo got the Celtics off to a fast start, with the visitors never trailing. By the time halftime rolled around the C’s carried a 57-37 lead.
Garnett was economical in his return, going 7-of-8 from the floor on the way to scoring 14 points in just 18 minutes. He also grabbed nine rebounds. Pierce would play 26 minutes, scoring 12.
Courtney Lee led the Celtics off the bench, scoring 15 fourth-quarter points, finishing with 20 for the night. Jeff Green also chipped in with 17 points for the C’s, who finished shooting 59 percent from the floor.
For more Celtics news, go to the team page at weei.com/celtics.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?