Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce return to help Celtics to rout of Magic
|04.13.13 at 9:20 pm ET|
Evidently, even Jason Terry calling the Magic ‘terrible’ couldn’t inspire lowly Orlando.
The Celtics guard had said, ‘Orlando is a team that, obviously you see them. I don’t want to give them any fuel, but they’re terrible.’ He wasn’t wrong. Terry’s team trounced the Magic, 120-88, Saturday night in Orlando. It was the C’s eighth straight win over Orlando.
The duo got the Celtics off to a fast start, with the visitors never trailing. By the time halftime rolled around the C’s carried a 57-37 lead.
Garnett was economical in his return, going 7-of-8 from the floor on the way to scoring 14 points in just 18 minutes. He also grabbed nine rebounds. Pierce would play 26 minutes, scoring 12.
Courtney Lee led the Celtics off the bench, scoring 15 fourth-quarter points, finishing with 20 for the night. Jeff Green also chipped in with 17 points for the C’s, who finished shooting 59 percent from the floor.
For more Celtics news, go to the team page at weei.com/celtics.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason