NBA cancels Celtics-Pacers Tuesday night at the Garden, will not be re-scheduled
|04.15.13 at 8:46 pm ET|
The Celtics are the latest Boston team to announce they are canceling an event due to the Boston Marathon tragedy Monday afternoon.
The NBA issued the following release Monday night:
The National Basketball Association game scheduled for Tuesday, April 16 between the Indiana Pacers and the Boston Celtics at TD Garden has been canceled. The game will not be rescheduled.
The NBA expresses its sympathy to all those affected by the tragedy in Boston earlier today.
This means that the Celtics will play an 81-game schedule and their season will conclude Wednesday night in Toronto against the Raptors before they open the playoffs this weekend in New York at Madison Square Garden against the Knicks.
- Despite a scare, Jordan Crawford and the Celtics beat the Nuggets, 106-98
- Celtics hoping to ground the high flying Nuggets
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/6
- Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to the Knicks
- Could the Celtics make a move for Greg Monroe?
- Deron Williams expected to play vs. Celtics on Tuesday
- Thursday's Leftovers: Crawford's hand is wrapped, Ainge discusses...