Game 3 pregame: Kevin Garnett feels ‘good’, Avery Bradley battles through illness, Jason Terry starts for Brandon Bass
|04.26.13 at 7:39 pm ET|
Asked if he would make any changes to the starting lineup, Doc Rivers said “we’ll see.”
As it turned out, there was a change as Jason Terry took the place of Brandon Bass to start the game.
Rivers also announced 45 minutes before Friday’s Game 3 with the Knicks that Kevin Garnett felt “good” in Thursday’s practice and kept pestering him to practice more. Rivers was playing it cautious with his star after Garnett injured his right hip in the Game 2 loss on Tuesday night.
As for Avery Bradley, Rivers explained his tardiness to Thursday’s practice was due to an illness, which kept him on the sidelines for most of practice. “We gave him a TUMS and told him not to do too much.”
Rivers said he wasn’t sure whether Bradley would start but that he is feeling “good” and would likely be available at close to 100 percent.
As for his $25,000 fine on Thursday from the NBA for criticizing officials after Game 2, Rivers said, “Like I said to [NBA security], I didn’t get fined for being wrong, I got fined for saying it.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Rondo Is Perfect Fit for Stevens' Offense
- Should Boston Celtics Strike Now on a Jeff Green Trade?
- C's 'Rising Stars' Legit Building Blocks?
- Will Rondo's Resurgence Force C's to Consider Trade?
- The Deadline Deal Celtics Must Make
- Latest Celtics Trade Rumors, Updates
- Teams That Should Be Asking About Humphries