Classic Kevin Garnett: ‘We out here scrapping’
|05.02.13 at 10:21 am ET|
Following the local broadcast of Game 5 between the Celtics and Knicks, Kevin Garnett provided another classic postgame interview — this time with C’s sideline reporter Greg Dickerson rather than Craig Sager.
‘We’re scrapping,” said Garnett, who totaled 16 points, 18 rebounds and five assists in the 92-86 victory. “All that you about to say ain’t got nothing to do with it. We out here scrapping. This is survival. This is like a Game 7. Every game from here on out is like a Game 7, and we’re scrapping. Easier said than done right there.
“No shenanigans. No nothing. We know what they’re running; they know what we’re running. It’s just all out. Who wants this? That’s what it is. That’s all we’ve been doing these last couple games, man. They came out, they talked. We did no talking. We know we down. We put ourselves in this position, and we’re scrapping.’
He wasn’t done. And neither are the Celtics, who come home to Boston for Friday night’s Game 6.
‘Put your hard hat on,” KG added. “Throw your hammer and your nails on there. It’s time to work. Let’s do it.’
Here’s the video:
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?