Classic Kevin Garnett: ‘We out here scrapping’
|05.02.13 at 10:21 am ET|
Following the local broadcast of Game 5 between the Celtics and Knicks, Kevin Garnett provided another classic postgame interview — this time with C’s sideline reporter Greg Dickerson rather than Craig Sager.
‘We’re scrapping,” said Garnett, who totaled 16 points, 18 rebounds and five assists in the 92-86 victory. “All that you about to say ain’t got nothing to do with it. We out here scrapping. This is survival. This is like a Game 7. Every game from here on out is like a Game 7, and we’re scrapping. Easier said than done right there.
“No shenanigans. No nothing. We know what they’re running; they know what we’re running. It’s just all out. Who wants this? That’s what it is. That’s all we’ve been doing these last couple games, man. They came out, they talked. We did no talking. We know we down. We put ourselves in this position, and we’re scrapping.’
He wasn’t done. And neither are the Celtics, who come home to Boston for Friday night’s Game 6.
‘Put your hard hat on,” KG added. “Throw your hammer and your nails on there. It’s time to work. Let’s do it.’
Here’s the video:
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...