Report: Doc Rivers ‘feels it may be time for a change’
|06.12.13 at 11:48 am ET|
On Wednesday, ESPN’s Chris Broussard quoted a source close to the situation as saying there is some truth to the rumors that Rivers remains unsure whether he’ll return.
“Doc loves coaching,” the source said. “He loves coaching in Boston. But he feels it may be time for a change.”
Rivers, who has spent nine years with the Celtics, has three years and a reported $21 million remaining on his contract. The ESPN story stated that Rivers’ close relationship with president of basketball operations Danny Ainge is making his decision difficult. Ainge previously suggested that Rivers might need some time to regroup after a challenging season, but that he expected him to return to the bench.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?