Report: Celtics, Clippers resume trade talks again
|06.19.13 at 6:16 pm ET|
As first suggested by SportsCity.com’s Mark Heisler on Wednesday morning, the Celtics and Clippers hoped to resume discussion about a potential deal for Kevin Garnett and Doc Rivers prior to the NBA draft on June 27.
As it turns out, the Clips reached out to the C’s on Thursday afternoon in order to reopen their dialogue about a package that would send DeAndre Jordan to Boston, according to Yahoo! Sports columnist Adrian Wojnarowski.
The Clippers reached out to the Celtics this afternoon to resume dialogue on a possible deal, league sources tell Y! Sports.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) June 19, 2013
According to various reports, most notably from Wojnarowski, discussion heated up this weekend but eventually fizzled out on Tuesday after disagreements over the inclusion of Eric Bledsoe, the contracts of Jason Terry and/or Courtney Lee, or a second No. 1 pick in a package that already included Jordan and one first-round pick.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?