Reports: NBA questioning Celtics-Clippers trade
|06.20.13 at 1:42 pm ET|
The NBA is questioning the connection between the Celtics trading Kevin Garnett for DeAndre Jordan and then relinquishing the rights to Doc Rivers in exchange for two first-round picks from the Clippers, as first reported by ESPN’s Marc Stein. The league’s guidelines state player deals cannot be contingent upon coaching contracts.
Meanwhile, the Boston Herald’s Mark Murphy contradicted two previous reports, claiming a) Celtics president Danny Ainge reached out to Los Angeles after Tuesday’s stalled talks, and b) the Clippers did not present owner Donald Sterling with a package that would have sent Jordan and two No. 1 picks to Boston for Garnett and Rivers.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...