NBA Draft’s Potential Celtics: NC State PG Lorenzo Brown
|06.24.13 at 10:27 am ET|
As part of WEEI.com’s coverage of the 2013 NBA draft, here is one in a series of profiles of players who could be available to the Celtics when they make their lone selection at No. 16.
Position: Point guard
School: NC State
Weight: 186 pounds
Achievements: All-ACC second team (2013), All-ACC third team (2012)
Key 2012-13 stats: 12.4 points, 7.2 assists, 4.3 rebounds, 3.5 turnovers
What he brings: Brown was often smooth, unselfish and creative while commandeering the Wolfpack offense, able to find a teammate at just about any moment. That court vision helped lead to the junior’s ACC-high 7.2 assists per game, which is a key part of his game since he doesn’t shoot very well (41.9 percent overall, 26.3 percent on 3-pointers).
He does, however, do a bit of just about everything else. Brown is adept at the defensive end, using his 6-foot-7 wingspan to defend his position well, and his 2.0 steals per game can shift momentum in a given game. NBAdraft.net wrote in late April that Brown possesses good instincts and is a solid decision-maker.
Notes: Not only will Brown likely be available to the C’s at pick No. 16, he may not even go in the first round. ‘¦ Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski praised Brown in January as being the best guard in transition in the country, calling him ‘magical’ when in possession. ‘¦ After graduating from Centennial High in Roswell, Ga., Brown attended Hargrave Military Academy, a boarding school in Chatham, Va. ‘¦ Brown majored in parks, recreation & tourism management.
Video: Here is video from one of Brown’s workouts this month.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...