Irish Coffee: Top 10 reasons Celtics should hire Antoine Walker
|06.25.13 at 11:48 am ET|
Boston fans its time for me to be the celtics coach !!!!
‘ Antoine Walker (@WalkerAntoine8) June 24, 2013
No, seriously, Antoine Walker wants to be the next coach of the Boston Celtics.
‘I want to be back in the game, I love the game and am a student of the game,’ he told The Boston Globe. ‘I want to stress seriously that I do want to become a coach … there’s a lot of guys starting to get opportunities and so the league is getting younger coaches. Obviously I’m lacking in experience but we’ve all got to start from somewhere.’
OK, then. I guess these would be the Top 10 reasons the Celtics should hire Antoine Walker.
10. The Las Vegas Summer League would last all summer. Incredible team bonding opportunity.
9. When Danny Ainge finally clears salary cap space, he’ll have no trouble spending it.
7. “He is truly expert at making chicken salad out of chicken excrement.” And some other stuff Bob Ryan said.
6. Three-pointers. So many 3-pointers. “Because there are no fours.”
5. He can still perform the Walker Wiggle in a suit. In fact, it’s probably better that way.
2. He sold his championship ring, so he needs another one.
1. Guaranteed lottery picks and “that [expletive] crazy” draft parties for the length of his contract.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?