NBA Draft’s Potential Celtics: Brazilian C Lucas Nogueira
|06.25.13 at 12:51 pm ET|
As part of WEEI.com’s coverage of the 2013 NBA draft, here is one in a series of profiles of players who could be available to the Celtics when they make their lone selection at No. 16.
Team: Asefa Estudiantes (Spain’s ACB League)
Weight: 220 pounds
Key 2012-13 stats: 5.4 points, 3.4 rebounds, 1.1 blocks, 13.6 minutes
What he brings: Nogueira’s 7-foot, 5-inch wingspan makes him an excellent defensive player and has encouraged comparisons between him and Marcus Camby. While he has yet to fully develop into his frame, he is an excellent player in the paint and averaged 5.0 offensive rebounds per 40 minutes last season.
As a scorer, Nogueira is rather limited. While he is among the better finishers in the draft around the rim, he does not have a very good jump shot and does not handle the ball well. However, thanks to his size and length, he has a chance at scoring on any drive and dish opportunity by the basket.
Notes: Nogueira, who goes by the nickname ‘Bebe,’ declared for the 2011 draft but eventually backed out. Therefore, he cannot back out of the 2013 draft.
Video: Here’s a look at Nogueira in action from this past season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...