Report: Nets reach out to Celtics about Kevin Garnett
|06.26.13 at 7:59 am ET|
According to a report in the New York Daily News, Nets general manager Billy King called the Celtics about the availability of Kevin Garnett but has not heard back from Boston.
Garnett, 37, has a no-trade clause in his contract and said last season he would not waive it. However, that was before coach Doc Rivers left. The 15-time NBA All-Star has two years and $24.4 million remaining on his deal. He averaged 14.8 points and 7.8 rebounds last season.
The Nets have the 22nd overall pick in Thursday’s draft. They also reportedly are trying to trade guard MarShon Brooks.
Garnett played alongside new Nets coach Jason Kidd on the 2000 U.S. Olympic team.
- Doc Rivers Triumphant in Return Against Boston Celtics: Highlights &...
- Doc Rivers Tears Up in Post Game Press Conference After His Los Angeles...
- Doc Rivers Moves On, Brad Stevens Pushes Forward - Torch Passed In Boston
- Doc has his day, C's fall to Clips 88-96
- Boston Celtics' Moving Tribute Video to Doc Rivers at TD Garden
- Doc Rivers On His Exit: 'I Didn't Like The Way It Played Out'
- Reunion week part 2 - Doc Rivers returns to the Garden with his Clippers...