Celtics trade up for Gonzaga center Kelly Olynyk
|06.27.13 at 9:04 pm ET|
The Celtics traded the No. 16 pick and two future second-round selections to the Mavericks for the right to pick Gonzaga 7-foot center Kelly Olynyk.
Olynyk, 22, who worked out with the C’s in Waltham on Sunday, averaged 17.8 points and 7.3 rebounds as a junior for the Bulldogs last season. The British Columbia native shot 62.9 percent from the field.
Little known fact about Olynyk: He has short arms. Check out WEEI.com’s draft profile here.
According to reports, the Mavericks then traded the C’s original No. 16 pick to the Hawks, who took Brazilian center Lucas Nogueira.
Meanwhile, the Celtics also traded into the second round, acquiring Indiana’s No. 53 pick and selecting Colorado State 7-footer Colton Iverson, who averaged 14.2 points and 9.8 rebounds as a senior last season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason