Celtics trade up for Gonzaga center Kelly Olynyk
|06.27.13 at 9:04 pm ET|
The Celtics traded the No. 16 pick and two future second-round selections to the Mavericks for the right to pick Gonzaga 7-foot center Kelly Olynyk.
Olynyk, 22, who worked out with the C’s in Waltham on Sunday, averaged 17.8 points and 7.3 rebounds as a junior for the Bulldogs last season. The British Columbia native shot 62.9 percent from the field.
Little known fact about Olynyk: He has short arms. Check out WEEI.com’s draft profile here.
According to reports, the Mavericks then traded the C’s original No. 16 pick to the Hawks, who took Brazilian center Lucas Nogueira.
Meanwhile, the Celtics also traded into the second round, acquiring Indiana’s No. 53 pick and selecting Colorado State 7-footer Colton Iverson, who averaged 14.2 points and 9.8 rebounds as a senior last season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?