Celtics trade up for Gonzaga center Kelly Olynyk
|06.27.13 at 9:04 pm ET|
The Celtics traded the No. 16 pick and two future second-round selections to the Mavericks for the right to pick Gonzaga 7-foot center Kelly Olynyk.
Olynyk, 22, who worked out with the C’s in Waltham on Sunday, averaged 17.8 points and 7.3 rebounds as a junior for the Bulldogs last season. The British Columbia native shot 62.9 percent from the field.
Little known fact about Olynyk: He has short arms. Check out WEEI.com’s draft profile here.
According to reports, the Mavericks then traded the C’s original No. 16 pick to the Hawks, who took Brazilian center Lucas Nogueira.
Meanwhile, the Celtics also traded into the second round, acquiring Indiana’s No. 53 pick and selecting Colorado State 7-footer Colton Iverson, who averaged 14.2 points and 9.8 rebounds as a senior last season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...